White, Black, and Grey

Some things are black and white. Loosely translated, that means some things are right and some things are wrong. God’s Word is full of things that are black and white, right and wrong. Personally, I think we say that saying backwards. It should be said things are white and black, right and wrong. I mean if it is in God’s light, which is right, it would be bright white. If it is not in God’s light, which is wrong, it is in total darkness. When we start doing things that aren’t in God’s best the light begins to diminish and it becomes darker. These are the areas we call “grey areas”. These are the things we do or places we go to that aren’t specifically called good or bad in the Word. The more I read the Word and try and understand what God wants from us the more I realize that we spend way too much time debating on the specifics of what we should or shouldn’t do. I think God wants us to read His Word enough so we will know the heart of God, not just the rules of God. If we learn the heart of God we will want to stay in the center of His will and we won’t want to even get close to an area that is considered “grey”. David was a man after God’s own heart and he was greatly rewarded for it. I don’t know about you, but that’s what I want!
In His Service
Gary