Am I a Father or a Daddy?

I have an amazing family. My wife, Robin, and my two daughters, Emily and Lacy are so strong in their faith. I am not deserving of the kind of love they give me. I am a husband and a father. To the world, that may not mean much, but to a Follower of Jesus Christ it means a lot.
The bible says the husband should love his wife as Christ loved the church and gave Himself for it (Eph 5:25). That means to lead spiritually, love, protect, provide for, nurture, be faithful to, live consistently and show Godly character, even if it costs you your life. We need to leave a legacy that everyone will remember and admire.
Back to the title of this post, am I a father or a daddy? To tell you the truth, I want to be both. In times of discipline, correction, and teaching, I need to be a father. In everyday life I hope to be a daddy. The kind of dad my kids can come to and talk about anything. The one they can snuggle up to and laugh and play video games with or whatever else is available. To be the rock that Christ is to the church.
I have failed in the above avenues so many times, but I still strive to be what I am called to be, a husband, friend, father, and a daddy. The men’s ministry at Lebanon Family Church is devoting the next few meetings to teaching men how to leave a legacy of Faith, Hope, and Love. I encourage every man in the church to get involved with this. It will improve your marriage and deepen your relationship with your kids. Ask yourself “How do I want to be remembered”? Even if you aren’t married yet, this would greatly enhance your future relationships. Ask me or one of the guys at church about it and we will get you hooked up.
Remember, it is never too late to be what you could have been!
In His Service,
Gary